Friday 24 October 2014

Beauty Basics: 5 Essential Eye Brushes

No comments:
 
A few months ago I shared my must-have brushes for the face, so I'm back today to share my 5 essential eye brushes for completing your look!

Want to get the most out of your coloured shadows? A flat shader brush is a staple for packing on opaque colour to the eyelids. These brushes can be found from so many different brands at so many different price points. From my experience, I would recommend checking out the Sigma E55, the ELF shadow brush or the MAC 239.
Having a smaller tapered blending brush is perfect for if you like to add some dimension to your eyes. Use it to focus darker shades on the outer third of you eyelid and drag the colour into your crease. Keeping the brush tapered means it is great even for people with smaller eyes/limited eyelid space! My favourites are the Quo crease blender, the Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff, and the MAC 217.
A larger fluffy blending brush will be your eye makeup's best friend. The more blended and seamless your shadows are, the more finished and flawless your look will be! Make sure you find a brush that is nice and soft, as blending can be a lengthy process and you don't want to irritate your eye. I'm a big fan of the Sigma E40 and Coastal Scents Classic Blender Natural.

Finally, a stiff angled brush is great for multi-purposing. Use it to perfect your liquid liner or with eyeshadow for a softer look. If you love the smudgey and smokey side of things, you can apply your favourite soft eye pencil and easily control the blending process without looking like you're in black eye territory. The Coastal Scents Classic Angled Liner and the EcoTools Bamboo Flat Liner Brush are my tried and true.
Even though I love and use constantly all of the above. If I were to choose one brush to rule them all, it would be the MAC 217. I have yet to come across something that quite measures up to it's fantastic shape and texture. Just remember, if you're using a brush for multiple colours/purposes, a brush spot cleanser will be your best bet to keep everything from looking muddy. Every brand will have their own version, or you could just DIY your own. Let me know in the comments if you'd like a recipe! 

What is your #1 must have eye brush?

P.S I'm already full swing on The Blogger Closet for the weekend! Check it and Amanda the brilliance behind the account out and follow along!
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment