Wednesday 1 October 2014

Loving Lately - September Favourites

No comments:
 
Another month has come and gone, and that means that Fall is officially upon us. This month I have a bit of a mishmash of items, so let's just crack on and get this show started!
The Remington T-Studio Silk Ceramic Hair Dryer was an accidental favourite this month. When I found myself out of town for a wedding without a hair dryer, I finally decided to upgrade my nearly ten year old clunker for something with a little more contemporary. This not only dries my hair faster, it makes it ridiculously smooth. I love that this dryer has a switch to keep the cool air on permanently for when I have a little extra time and want to keep the heat damage to a minimum. One thing to beware of: the air intake vent on the back doesn't have a cover to it so watch it doesn't suck your hair back into it - believe me it is not a fun time. If anyone has a possible solution for this that would be so very helpful!
I bought this tube of RapidLash at Ulta when I was on vacation because it seemed like the most accessible eyelash serum available. I was hesitant to start using it because of all the various horror stories that exist on the interwebs, but so far I haven't had any noticeable negative side effects and I really think it is making a difference on my lashes! I haven't been using it for the full four weeks yet (mostly because I am forgetful) but stay tuned for an empties post in the future for my full thoughts!
You probably all know by now that I'm a big fan of audiobooks. I recommend Audible to everyone I know, because who couldn't use a little multitasking goodness in their life? I "read" a few books this month, but my absolute favourite was What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Alice has an accident at the gym that causes her to forget the past ten years of her life, taking her mentally back to when she was pregnant with her first child. This is one of those books that really makes you think, and throughout the whole book I desperately wanted to know what was coming next.
If you are a fan of Moroccan Oil, you would be dying over this Tahitian Orange & Musk candle from the Muskoka Candle Company. I have been so stingy with burning it because I won't be able to restock for two more weeks, but I am so happy to say I've finally found an accessible dupe! The Baltic Black Pearl Candle currently at B&BW is as similar a scent as I have ever come across. The Tahitian Orange & Musk is the perfect balance of warmth and richness with the tiniest bit of sweetness without being overpowering. Literally the perfect fall scent. Even Tyler - who hates scented anything - loves it! Definitely check out the B&BW version if you get the chance!
A shout out goes out here to Alyssa who reminded me that Essie makes polishes outside the pastel family. I picked  Bahama Mama up during September to replace my beloved Sally Hansen Flirt which is nowhere to be found. It seems a strange name for a deep burgundy shade, but it is absolutely beautiful on the nails! The perfect balance between a red and a straight up purple.
I don't think I really even need to say anything more except I am officially obsessed with my Inglot shadows. For more info you can check out my Review and Swatches
Battling with the "back to school" virus that seemed to make it's way to me this month, I rediscovered this gem. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightner was perfect for perking up my face and hiding those pesky dark circles that seem to have become my nemisis. 
The Sugar Crush scent from Soap & Glory makes for hands down the best smelling body products in the history of the world. After falling in love with the scrub over the summer I decided to bite the bullet and cough up the $20 for the Body Buttercream, and I don't regret it one bit. It smells amazing and absorbs surprisingly fast for a thicker body cream. It's not the most moisturizing out there, but the fact that I look forward to putting it on when I get out of the shower makes it entirely worth it for someone who usually takes the lazy approach to moisturizing aka skips it.
Last but not least, a bittersweet favourite. Again I bought this Sleepytime Vanilla tea originally on vacation and loved it so much that I even went back for another box before we left Orlando. I've been having a cup of this almost every night before bed and it is both relaxing and tastes amazing! So far I haven't been able to find it in Canada so I'll be sad when this box bites the dust, but I highly recommend it to anyone with easy access. 

And that wraps it up for this month! So tell me, what are a few of your favourite things this month?

Linking up with: Mia

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment