Friday 23 January 2015

Miracle 10 Peel & Product Line Review

No comments:
 
A few months ago I was invited to a blogger event at the Miracle 10 Skincare Boutique in Yorkville. At the event we were given a consultation on our skin type and how it fit in with their product line, and offered a chance to book a complimentary peel treatment at their boutique on a later date.
 
via
Being a treatment newbie that I am, I booked my peel treatment for right before I left on my trip to BC in December. When I arrived at the boutique, there had been a mix up with my appointment time, but they were incredibly accommodating and took me right away. I was taken into the treatment room by Shirali, who then asked me a series of questions to determine what type of peel treatment would be best for me. 
 
When she asked if I would have any extended periods of sun exposure in the near future, I told her I would be leaving soon on my ski vacation. I was so glad that she was thorough in her questions, because she informed me that doing the peel treatment makes your skin very sensitive to the sun exposure after the appointment. She said we could go ahead if I really wanted to, but that she would suggest rescheduling since there was a higher risk that I would burn during my vacation if I did the peel. I had no idea, and agreed it was better to be safe than sorry when it comes to skin.
 
 
Last Saturday I finally had my treatment. Neda cleansed the skin and used a tiny dermablade to remove all the dead skin and hair from my face so that the products would be better absorbed by the skin and not the hair. Who knew? She applied Lactic Acid, which is the most gentle of acids since it was my first experience, and left it on for two minutes. It did tingle but it was nothing unbearable. After it was removed she immediately applied a mask with lavendar and vitamin K to heal and calm the skin. She left me to relax for 10 glorious minutes then removed the mask with a hot towel and massaged a mix of SPF and a moisturizing treatment into my skin.

There was no redness from the treatment when I left the boutique, just a bit of shininess from the thick moisturizing treatment that was applied. I was able to apply makeup that night without any problems, and noticed that my hyper-pigmentation left behind from previous acne was definitely reduced. The next day I noticed a slight irritation between my right eye and hairline, which developed into a small, dry, rash-like patch over the next few days. After five days the dryness has disappeared but there is still a bit of redness. I do have very sensitive skin, but I'm not sure what would have caused the irritation in that particular area. 

These treatments are definitely not cheap. At $125 I can't see myself making it a regular habit, but it could be a nice treat before a special occasion. I would definitely discuss my irritation with them before booking a second appointment.


As for the skincare line, it is a definite win in my books. As you can tell, my favourite product is definitely the Light Serum, which was featured in my gel moisturizing round up and November favourites and is still going strong. The other notable mention - the Miracle 10 sunscreen, which unfortunately I left out of this picture, is one of the best facial sunscreens I've tried. It leaves your skin smooth and matte making it a great base for makeup. Its ingredients don't break out my sensitive skin, which is why it was one of the only products I took with me on my vacation.

Have you ever tried a facial peel treatment? What was your experience?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment